Thursday, November 24, 2011

Get Read-y for 2012 Challenge


In December, this challenge, hosted by Loving Books, will focus on reducing the to-read books that you might have lying around, waiting for you to read them. The goal is to start 2012 with a small, manageable pile of books that will also allow you to be able to pick up new titles.

(Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Small! Manageable! Ha Ha Ha!!! Did you hear that maniacal laughter? That was me. Looking at my TBR stacks. Actually, just looking at my 2011 challenge books TBR stack. I'm *cough* *cough* supposed to read about *cough* 20 *cough* more books in ONE month if I'm going to meet the Outdo Yourself Challenge. Um, yeah. That's gonna happen.)

To make a long story short: We're getting read-y for the new year.

There will be weekly check-ins, and yes, there will be a giveaway even though that is completely counterproductive. The only thing she asks is that if you want to join, is that you fill in the Mr Linky that she will post on December 1st along with the introduction post.

Well...I figure it can't hurt to sign up for this...even if I have already bitten off more than I can chew in the 2011 Challenge department. And maybe it will empower and encourage me to actually plow through those twenty books. Here's hoping that come December 31 I will be able to announce that I've conquered the 2011 TBR beast. Stay tuned. Oh, and if you happen to be as far behind as I am--then hop on over and sign up when she gets the linky up!

December Reads from the TBR pile:
1. In the Teeth of the Evidence by Dorothy L Sayers (12/4/11)
2. The Habit of Widowhood by Robert Barnard (12/4/11)
3.
The Club Dumas by Arturo PĂ©rez-Reverte (12/5/11)
4. Electric City by K. K. Beck (12/6/11)
5. More Holmes for the Holidays by Greenberg, Lellenberg, & Waugh, eds (12/7/11)
6. The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum (12/10/11)
7. An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear (12/12/11)
8. A Christmas Guest by Anny Perry (12/13/11)
9. That Hideous Strength by C. S. Lewis (12/17/11)
10. The Praise Singer by Mary Renault (12/20/11)
11. Murder on Theatre Row by Michael Jahn (12/24/11)
12. C. B. Greenfield: A Little Madness by Lucille Kallen (12/26/11)
13. The Chinese Bell Murders by Robert Van Gulik (12/30/11)
14. Beware of Trains by Edmund Crispin (12/30/11)




3 comments:

CMash said...

ROFLMAO
Calling Dr. Drew...Calling Dr. Drew.
We need help over here at My Reader's Block stat!!!!

Bev Hankins said...

That's right...grab the white jacket, I've gone right over the edge. :-)

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at "small" and "manageable." lol that definitely does not describe my TBR. Good luck catching up on your 2011 challenge!