Saturday, November 12, 2011

Challenge: 12 in 2012


12 in '12
2012 Reading Challenge
LibraryThing group
group home page



So, here are the rules...
This group is for anyone who wants to read books from 12 different categories in 2012. You can structure the categories in any way you choose, and you can read any number of books in each category. The format of your challenge is entirely up to you!

The challenge will "officially" begin on January 1, 2012, but earlybirds and latecomers are welcome.


Here are my twelve category choices:

1. Regency Romance
Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
2. Children's Classics
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
3. Vintage Mystery (you all know I'll read more than one of these)
The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac (3/3/12)
4. Banned/Challenged Books
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (7/12/12)
5. Plays/Drama
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare (6/30/12)
6. Cozy Mystery
Silver & Guilt by Cynthia Smith (4/9/12)
7. Biography
From Sawdust to Stardust: The Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy by Terry Lee Rioux (3/14/12)
8. Short Story Collection
The Four Million & Other Stories by O. Henry (7/21/12)

9. Science Fiction
My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)

10. Poetry
The Rose Window and Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
11. Horror

 Drac­ula by Bram Stoker (4/25/12)
12. Graphic Novel

 The League of Extra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men by Alan Moore (4/6/12)

3 comments:

Marce said...

What a lovely challenge. I think this is a must for me, I love trying different genres, wonder what my 12 will be, I like some of your choices.

JLS Hall said...

Interesting categories! I'm doing this one, too. In fact, I think it's going to be my main reading challenge for next year. Good luck with your 12-in-12!

Book Dragon said...

We have some of the same categories! I too am only reading 1 for each