Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: November 26

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online. (Click picture for close-up).


I've missed a couple of Saturdays...first because of a quick trip home two Saturdays ago when my grandpa was put in the hospital and then last Saturday because I was preparing to go home for his funeral. This is just a simple post in memory of my grandpa, Donald Ingols (April 28, 1916 - November 18, 2011).

Thank you to everyone for your good wishes and condolences.


17 comments:

Alyce said...

I'm sorry for your loss. What a nice photo of him.

fredamans said...

Sending my deepest condolences to you and your family Bev, and my biggest (((HUGS)))).

Trish said...

I'm so sorry. How wonderful that you got to see him one more time.

bermudaonion said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can see joy in your grandpa's face and I know you will miss him dearly.

Paulita said...

How nice that you have these memories of your grandfather. He'll live on through the stories of him. I'm sorry for your loss.

Irene said...

So sorry for your loss. I never knew my grandparents, so I can understand that you will miss him.

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I like the picture..is that a painting or a photograph (or I guess a photograph of a painting)?

Bev Hankins said...

@Lisa: It's a studio photo. It was taken several years ago when my grandparents had pictures taken for their 50th Anniversary.

gautami tripathy said...

Sorry for your loss. Your grandpa looks so happy in this happy. Glad you shared it with us...

Hugs....

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

So sorry for your loss. He was born the same year as my father (he passed in 1988).

Your grandpa looks like he knew how to have fun.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

A grand man and a grandfather. What a long life he lived. Imagine all the things he experienced during his life time in terms of inventions. I am sorry for your loss but also celebrate with you the life of a great man!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Nice photo and lovely tribute.

Louise said...

Losing your grandfather is a very sad time. He had a lovely smile.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, how wonderful that you are commemorating your grandfather, whose loss is still so new. Great shot. I love looking at photos of my grandparents.

Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

Stephen said...

He looks as though he were the kindly sort. :)

Marie said...

Very nice photo. I'm sorry for you loss.

Lady In Read said...

lovely tribute for a loved grandfather..