Sunday, November 6, 2011

Meet Me on Monday (56)

Meet Me on Monday is a blogging meme hosted by Java at Never Growing Old. As she says: "Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself wondering, "who is this person?" I know them...but yet I don't know them! I want to know who the person behind all those words is so I thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!"

Every Sunday she will post four get to know you questions that we can copy and paste into our own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us. To play along click on her meme name and join up with the linky.

This Week's Questions:
1. Are you excited for the holidays or are you dreading them?

Closer to dreading than excited. The older I get the less excited I am. Putting up the decorations just seems like more and more work. And I love buying presents for those I care about...but it seems to get harder every year. Mom & Dad buy everything they need when they see they need it. And my son and husband are so specialized with what they want (games & audio/visual stuff) that it's hard to surprise them. And, then, there's the friend who decided we just shouldn't "do this present thing anymore." Takes a lot of the joy out of it.


2. Do you hit the snooze button or get right up?

Neither. I wake up to the radio. I lay there in a semi-doze and listen to a few songs until the news comes on. I listen to the news and weather and then get up. It's how I ease into the day.

3. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yep. I wanted them out when my cousins had theirs out (I was about 5 or 6). There were rumors of ice cream. The doctor said I didn't need them out. In fact, he was one of the old-fashioned types who believed that God gave you those parts for a reason and they weren't coming out unless it was absolutely necessary. Then when I was about 12, I had another bout of tonsillitis (I was prone to it) and he told me that if I had one more bout then the tonsils would come out. I told him I didn't want them out now. I didn't have any more tonsil problems for a good long while after that.

4. What was the last piece of candy that you ate?


Um. Not sure. It was at work on Friday and was either a plain Hersheys or a Dove dark chocolate. Or maybe an Almond Joy. I have all of those in a basket on my desk. Left-over fun sizes from Halloween.


5. Do you shop at thrift stores?


I have--and have found some great clothes. But I haven't done so lately.


5 comments:

Martha said...

I think the tonsils got scared when the doctor's said "just one more time" and out they come... happened to me too!

Almond Joy, that remLnds me I need coffee! Not crazy about the candy, but love the creamer!

Have a great day!

Mom on Caffeine

Doreen said...

I have all those little candies on my desk too. My writers fuel:)
I already follow just stopping by from Meet me on Monday to say hello and catch up. You have been busy...

Nani said...

I like 5he way you start the day! Maybe I should try setting the clock for earlier, I usually wake up before the alarm, and try a radio, with headphones so I don't wake hubby.

I have a candy jar that I keep by my computer. It's a lot easier to remember which I had last where there's only one type in there!

Anonymous said...

I dreaded christmas for a while, but now I'm really enjoying it again :-)

Cindy said...

Love your answers!! I'm new here!! I heard about the ice cream too. Throat didn't feel so good, I remember!!