Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.Link*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.

*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

Here's mine from They Found Him Dead by Georgette Heyer (p. 11):

Clement, who was a partner in the firm of Kane and Mansell, was a man of considerable substance, and, since he was heir to his uncle's private possessions, a man of large expectations also. Miss Allison supposed that Rosemary must have married him for these reasons, for there did not seem to be any other.

10 comments:

Rebecca McKinnon said...

Intriguing teaser! Here's mine: http://thecrookedword.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-12.html

Yvonne said...

I have a couple of Heyer books on my Nook, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. This one sounds good.

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Harsh. Let's hope she had some other reason! Thanks for the teaser. If you get a chance, mine is here.

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I haven't read any Heyer in years but
definitely checking out my shelves to see what I have on hand.

My TT
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-11.html

CMash said...

You are a fan of Heyer's books, aren't you? If I ever get caught up, maybe I should try one of her books. Wouldn't that shock you?

Marcie said...

I love Heyer! I need to read more of her books though. Thanks for sharing this teaser. Here's a link to my TT post: http://www.2readornot2read.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-8-2011.html

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash: Yes, I am a fan of Heyer. Both her mysteries and her Regency romances. I'm not a big romance fan, but I love the historical research she put into hers.

Gigi Ann said...

I'm not much of a fan of Heyer. I read one this year, and tried the second one a week or two ago, but didn't like it and never finished it.

I glad you are enjoying the books, happy reading.

Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post said...

I've known a few guys like that!

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a good one!