Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon



I seem to have lost my reading mojo--motivation, whatever, that makes me want to read the books I have stacked up all over the place ready for reading
challenges. That being the case, I am going to sign up for The True Book Addict's Winter Respite Read-a-Thon. And, signing up for the read-a-thon should help me with my challenges, right? Because it's supposed to encourage me to read, read, read and therefore I will finish challenges more quickly, right?

Here are the basics:

The read-a-thon will run from 12 am January 23 to 11:59 pm January 29. You can sign up to participate at any time during the read-a-thon and it's flexible so you don't have to read all week.

I'm definitely in. Hopefully, this is just the jump start I need to get my reading going again. I will list the books I finish below along with links to reviews.

****Update: Starting Line--I started reading this morning before work. Am trying to finish up
Future Crime by Cynthia Mason & Charles Ardai, eds. (a science fiction short story collection).

1.
Future Crime by Cynthia Mason & Charles Ardai, eds. (64 pages to finish the book) 1/23/12
2. Murder & Magic by Randall Garrett (266 pages) 1/28/12
3. Proust & the Squid: The Story & Science of the Reading Brain by Maryann Wolfe (308 pages) 1/28/12
4. The Black Seven by Carol Kendall (275 pages) 1/29/12

Well...the total of four books and 913 pages is a bit less than I wanted. But (knock on wood) it does seem that my little reading slump has been overcome. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep the pace up.

Thanks to The True Book Addict for sponsoring again this year!


7 comments:

CMash said...

Am I reading this correctly? Or do my glasses need cleaning? You? You have lost your reading mojo? gasp Never thought you could have Reader's Block!!!!

Bev Hankins said...

Well...something very like it is going on. I'd much rather play "Words with Friends" on Facebook than read the books that are sitting here. I've started two and can't get going on either one. Both are necessary for challenges.... Help!

Leona Raisin said...

As a distracted reader, Words With Friends seems a more appropriate time-waster than, say, television. My reading list keep growing with fewer pages being turned. My attention diverted by WWF and TV. I can justify my TV time as long as I can tie it back to wordplay. Blame my love of Scrabble, WWF and TV trivia for me creating my blog and the anagrams I invent. Still, all these distractions keep me away from my books.
Leona

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hi Bev! So glad you're joining me this week. Be sure to link this post at the starting line when you start reading this week. I'm working on the post and it should be up around midnight tonight (Monday, 1/23 at 12:00am CST U.S. time) Have fun reading this week.

Moniquereads said...

WWF is an addicting little distractions. I lost count of how many times a day I check to see if someone played a word.

Good luck with the read-a-thon.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hi Bev,

Just wanted to stop by and remind you to stop by the blog and check out the mini-challenges, giveaways, and the prize page.

Happy reading!

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

You were one of the winners for the final day! Congrats! For details on claiming your prize, go here: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/winters-respite-post-your-wrap-up-and.html

It's also the wrap-up post so be sure to link up when (if) you post a wrap-up so I can stop back by and see what you read.