Saturday, November 5, 2011
Bucket List Reading Challenge
The 2012 "Bucket List" Reading Challenge is the challenge to sign up for if YOU have a list of books that you are dying to read but just haven't gotten to them yet. The Rules are simple for this challenge and The Eclectic Bookshelf has included a couple of sample "Bucket" Lists to provide a good starting point. If you'd like to join in, click on the Challenge Button above to head to the site.
1. Challenge starts on January 1, 2012 and goes until December 31, 2012.
2. You don't need a blog to participate.
3. Create a sign up post and link up on the Challenge post.
4. There are four levels
a. The Mini Cooper: 4 bucket list books
b. The Mid-sized Sedan: 8 bucket list books
c. The Pick Up: 12 bucket list books
d. The Semi: 13 or more bucket list books
Stipilation: If you originally start small and decide to upgrade that is fine. But once you decided to to go big you can NOT downgrade.
As you can see, I am in for the Semi level. This should be no problem since I'll already be reading from the TBR ("Bucket") list for my own Mount TBR Challenge. I will list the books read below.
1. Prayers to Broken Stones by Dan Simmons (1/14/12)
2. The First Men in the Moon by H. G. Wells (2/3/12)
3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (2/14/12)
4. Nothing Can Rescue Me by Elizabeth Daly (2/18/12)
5. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (2/29/12)
6. The Curious Cape Cod Skull by Marie Lee (3/21/12)
7. The Rose Window & Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
8. The So Blue Marble by Dorothy B. Hughes (3/24/12)
9. A Sprig of Sea Lavender by J. R. L. Anderson (3/31/12)
10. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (4/4/12)
11. The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart (4/14/12)
12. The Gemini Man by Susan Kelly (4/15/12)
13. Dracula by Bram Stoker (4/25/12)
14. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
Challenge Complete: 5/4/12!!!