Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, brought to us by the Broke and the Bookish, asks us to talk about the best books we've read so far in 2013. So far, I have read 79 books...not quite half my goal for the year (through the GoodReads Challenge).  Here are my Top Ten or so (new reads only):
 
84, Charing Cross Road  by Helene Hanff (5 stars)
Murder as a Fine Art  by David Morrell (5 stars)
The Private History of Awe  by Scott Russell Sanders (5 stars)  


A Spoonful of Sugar: A Nanny's Story  by Brenda Ashford (4.5 stars)  

India Black & the Shadows of Anarchy by Carol K. Carr (4.5 stars) 
Slippage by Harlan Ellison (4.5 stars)  


Ready Player One by
Ernest Cline (4 stars) 
Sally's in the Alley  by Norbert Davis (4 stars) 
Death at Crane's Court  by Eilis Dillon (4 stars) 
The Frozen Shroud  by Martin Edwards (4 stars)  
The African Queen  by C. S. Forester (4 stars)
A Cold & Lonely Place  by Sarah J. Henry (4 stars)
Break Any Woman Down  by Dana Johnson (4 stars)      
The Secret History  Donna Tartt (4 stars)
Corpses at Indian Stones  by (4 stars

5 comments:

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

Ready Player One! Yes!!!!! Loved that book so much!

Marce said...

I also want to read Ready Player One, I actually forgot about it.

Bev Hankins said...

Marce: It's really good. I grew up in the 80s, but really don't consider myself an 80s girl (I much prefer music, books, film, etc from the 70s on back). And I loved this book and all the 80s references.

TP said...

I loved Ready Player One too! I'll have to check out the others from your list.

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Gypsi said...

I've got Sally's in the Alley in my to-be-read list, after reading your review!