Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Challenge Complete: Library Books Reading Challenge

Even though my goal for 2013 is to read primarily from my own TBR stacks, I do love the library and I did sign up for a few challenges that are going to require some library check-outs.  My husband and I stop by the library once a week on our lunch hour and then again on Saturday--and there are times that I just can't resist the chanting of the books over on the "New Releases" shelves...particularly the new mysteries.  I also want to support my local library as much as I can.  That's why I signed up for the Library Books Reading Challenge hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.  Reviews were not necessary, but I do them for all my reads, so you will find links to all the library books read for the challenge below.






I signed up for the Middle Grades level which required me to read 18 books borrowed from libraries. I threw in one more for good measure....

 
1. A Dark & Stormy Night by Jeanne M. Dams (1/4/13) 
2. The Evil That Men Do by Jeanne M. Dams (1/11/13)
3. The Corpse of St. James's by Jeanne M. Dams (1/13/13)
4. Murder at Markham by Patricia Sprinkle (1/26/13)
5. Zima Blue & Other Stories by Alastair Reynolds (2/3/13)
6. Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (2/11/13)
7. Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell (2/15/13)
8. Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio (2/18/13)
9. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (2/24/13)
10. A Cold & Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry (3/9/13)
11. The Perfect Landscape by Ragna Sigurdardottir (3/12/13)
12. Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)
13. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (3/20/13)
14. Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen (Gordon McAlpine) [3/30/13]
15. The African Queen by C. S. Forester (4/6/13)
16. The Ivy League Chronicles: 9 Squares by E. K. Prescott (4/10/13)
17. The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards (4/14/13)
18. Finding Camlann by Sean Pidgeon (5/18/13)
19. The Secret History by Donna Tartt (6/4/13) 

3 comments:

Book Dragon said...

wow, already? Good job!

The Man in the Empty Suit sounds interesting and I've got Ready Player One on it's way from my library.

Bev Hankins said...

Those two were really good. Hope you enjoy Ready Player One!

Book Dragon said...

Thanks for linking!