Monday, June 24, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
Two weeks in row for posting!  I think I may be getting my rhythm back. (Oops.  Better not get too sure of myself....)  Here's this week's offering:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
The Chinese Parrot by Earl Derr Biggers 
The Father's Day Murder by Lee Harris
Tragedy at Law by Cyril Hare
Devoured by D. E. Meredith 
Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov
 
Currently Reading: 
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye: Dany Ashton is invited to vacation at her stepfather's house in Zanzibar, but even before her airplane takes off there is a stolen passport, a midnight intruder--and murder. In Zanizbar, the family house is Kivulimi, the mysterious "House of Shade", where Dany and the rest of the guests learn that one of them is a desperate killer. The air of freedom and nonchalance that opened the house party fades into growing terror, as the threat of further violence flowers in the scented air of Zanzibar.

   
Books that spark my interest:
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....)
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I downloaded The Age of Innocence to my Kindle...free!

Enjoy your reading...and here's MY MONDAY READING POST

Anonymous said...

You had a great week it seems!
Read on!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out