SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Library Books Read-a-Thon: Start-Up and Updates



Library Books Read-a-Thon

June 22 - June 28


hosted at Rachael Turns Pages

Sign- up here

Goal of this Read-a-Thon: To read as many library books as possible.
Rachael says she's not going to be picky, and if we want to read our own books to go ahead. I've got a huge TBR pile in my library, so I'm going to mix my library with the public library.....

On Deck from the Public Library:
Devoured by M. E. Meredith (6/22/13)
The Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulbakov (6/23/13)
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (if hold request comes through in time)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (if hold request comes through in time)

My Library:
Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce (6/26/13)
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye (6/25/13)
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
And possibly others..... 


June 22: On day one I discovered the read-a-thon and read Devoured by M. E. Meredith--a historical mystery set in the Victorian era.

June 23: Managed to read The Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulbakov in the afternoon.  Fortunately, this was a short one....'cause this Russian political satire didn't do a whole lot for me. 

June 25: Knocked out Death in Zanzibar (late last night)--a romantic, vintage mystery.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and count that book you finished yesterday as part of the read-a-thon. I'm so happy you could join.

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks! I was ready to take it off if I needed to.

Whitney said...

Go you! I always read short books for read-a-thons. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and I can (sometimes) read more than one. Happy reading.