Saturday, June 22, 2013

Library Books Read-a-Thon: Start-Up and Updates



Library Books Read-a-Thon

June 22 - June 28


hosted at Rachael Turns Pages

Sign- up here

Goal of this Read-a-Thon: To read as many library books as possible.
Rachael says she's not going to be picky, and if we want to read our own books to go ahead. I've got a huge TBR pile in my library, so I'm going to mix my library with the public library.....

On Deck from the Public Library:
Devoured by M. E. Meredith (6/22/13)
The Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulbakov (6/23/13)
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (if hold request comes through in time)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (if hold request comes through in time)

My Library:
Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce (6/26/13)
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye (6/25/13)
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
And possibly others..... 


June 22: On day one I discovered the read-a-thon and read Devoured by M. E. Meredith--a historical mystery set in the Victorian era.

June 23: Managed to read The Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulbakov in the afternoon.  Fortunately, this was a short one....'cause this Russian political satire didn't do a whole lot for me. 

June 25: Knocked out Death in Zanzibar (late last night)--a romantic, vintage mystery.
 

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Go ahead and count that book you finished yesterday as part of the read-a-thon. I'm so happy you could join.

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks! I was ready to take it off if I needed to.

Whitney said...

Go you! I always read short books for read-a-thons. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and I can (sometimes) read more than one. Happy reading.