Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Library Books Read-a-Thon: Day 4



Library Books Read-a-Thon

June 22 - June 28


hosted at Rachael Turns Pages

Sign- up here

 
 
 
It's day four and I'm about half-way done with my fourth book.  Not bad.  Here's the list of books read so far:
 
Devoured by M. E. Meredith (6/22/13)
The Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulbakov (6/23/13)
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye (6/25/13)
Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce -- half-done 
 
Today Rachael has asked us to post about how many books we check out when we go to the library. And what do we do if a book is due, we can't renew it, and haven't read it?  
 
Well....it depends.  I've checked out anywhere from one to ten books at a time.  This year I have actually been making an effort to read more books from my own TBR stacks, so I've been averaging about two books checked out per trip.  As far as books due that can't be renewed--if I have made a good start on the book and am enjoying it, then I'll probably go ahead and keep it and face a fine.  If I haven't had a chance to start it, then I'll take it back and arrange to put it on hold again.
 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Your answer to my question is basically the same as mine. I usually just face the fine instead of waiting for the book to come in. I try to limit myself to 2 books. I don't like having over 8 books checked out on my account. I'm glad you are almost done with 4 books. You are really making a dent in your pile.