SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Girl in the Green Raincoat (Take 2)

I read Laura Lippman's The Girl in the Green Raincoat two years ago (February 2011) for various challenges and primarily because at that time I had seen so much talk about it out here on the interwebs.  Thanks to the Bingo Reading Challenge which has a whole row dedicated to re-reads (and fortuitously finding a copy in the Friend of the Library's Bookstore), I sat down to read this little novella this past weekend. And found it to be just as delightful as the first time around.

I honestly don't have a whole lot to say that's new (for my original thoughts, please click on the title above).  But, and perhaps this is because of my recent experiences with my dad, I did notice Tess's relationship with her father a lot more this time around.  He doesn't appear much (really only in one small scene), but I really appreciated the image of her father and the affection between them revealed in that scene.

I also enjoyed Lippman's story-telling ability.  Despite the fact that I knew who and remembered the suspenseful ending, she still managed to get me all wrapped up in Tess's predicament and all the investigations that she had to watch second-hand.  Excellent short novel--four stars then and four stars now.

1 comment:

Marce said...

This is the one I have chosen to try LauraL work, does sound good.