Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back By Participant Demand: Color Coded Challenge


Last year I found that I had quite the color-theme going on with my reading and I decided to put together a challenge based on colors in the title to tempt all those Reading Challenge Addicts out there. I had only 5 or 6 folks join me, so I thought I might shelve it for a year or so and try again later. But I've had a couple of the participants tell me how much they enjoyed it and I'm game for another go round. So, for your challenge reading pleasure, I will once again host The Color Coded Reading Challenge:

Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" in the title.
2. A book with "Red" in the title.
3. A book with "Yellow" in the title.
4. A book with "Green" in the title.
5. A book with "Brown" in the title.
6. A book with "Black" in the title.
7. A book with "White" in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Turquoise, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).

* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2012 will count.

*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.

*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.

*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 30, 2012.


*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page.

*Please use the Review Page to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.

*No blog? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.





11 comments:

Angie said...

May I just say, I am SO excited!! I saw this challenge posted for last year and I didn't get to do it because I just started blogging and stuff in Dec. Then I saw you weren't doing it this year and was pretty sad. BUT then I saw this post and could have jumped up and down I was so excited! Thank you for bringing it back! :)

Darlene said...

Hooray! I am so glad you decided to do it again! I found your challenge too late in the year to make it work last time, so I'm happy to be able to participate this time around!

Thanks so much for hosting!

Bev Hankins said...

Glad I did too! I had no idea that so many had just missed it and were hoping for another go 'round.

Yvonne said...

What fun! I'm in!

neer said...

All Signed-up and excited.

Anonymous said...

I have just decided to join this challenge. I'm not sure if I can find books that meet the criteria but it will be fun perusing the shelves at my local bookstore.

bhavya saluja said...

Kindly tell me the details for the 9th part i.e the color word one.Am not able to understand that.pls help.

Bev Hankins said...

@bhavya: I'm not sure how to explain #9 any better....The title should have some word in it that makes you think of colors, but is NOT the name of the color. For instance: "Rainbow" describes something made up of colors. When something is "Striped" it has alternating colors. "Plaid" is a pattern of colors, as is "Paisley" and "Polka Dot." Even saying something is "Painted" makes you think of it as colored in some way. Does that help?

Anja K. said...

Hi Bev! I completed the challenge - here's my post with review links and etc.: http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-coded-reading-challenge-2012.html

thanks so much for hosting this again, it was fun, and once again I found some great books thanks to this challenge. I hope you do it again next year :)

Elizabeth said...

This is a great idea. I don't think I will participate, but I definitely will check out all the blogs to see what they chose.

Have fun everyone.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Konstanz Silverbow said...

I just saw this today on another blog and HAD to know what it was. Are you going to be doing this again next year? I want to do it!!

Konstanz Silverbow
nothoughts2small.blogspot.com