Monday, December 8, 2014

Reading Road Trip Challenge


January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015


Hosted by Adriana at She's Got Books on Her Mind is hosting a Reading Road Trip that will take challengers through the 50 United States via a bookmobile. The ultimate goal is to read one book set in each of the 50 states. But if you aren't up for quite such a long trip, there are various levels. To see the full details and join in, click on the link.

I'm going to start small and work my way up. My declared level is

Hitchhiker: 10-20

And I will level up as I can. I've been checking out my TBR stacks and so far it looks like I might be able to manage half the states...but we'll see.

I made my level in 2015. And even though Adriana isn't hosting this again in 2016, I've decided to continue my road trip and see how long it takes me to visit every state.

Alabama: The Darling Dahlias & the Cucumber Tree by Susan Wittig Albert (6/5/15)
Alaska: A Cold Day for Murder by Dana Stabenow (7/28/16)
Arizona: Dead as a Dummy by Geoffrey Homes (8/26/17)
Arkansas
California: Top of the Heap by A. A. Fair (3/11/15)
Colorado: The Doberman Wore Black by Barbara Moore (2/9/16)
Connecticut: Murder at Arroways by Helen Reilly (1/7/16)
Deleware:
Florida: Murder in the Wind by John D. MacDonald (4/13/15)
Georgia: The River & the Rose by Sandra Abbott (9/4/21)
Hawaii: The Menehune Murders by Margot Arnold (9/16/17)
Idaho: The Double-Jack Murders by Patrick McManus (2/2/21)
Illinois: The Riddle of the Traveling Skull by Harry Stephen Keeler (6/21/15)
Indiana: The Lack of the Irish by Ralph McInerny (7/11/15)
Iowa: The Avenging Parrot by Anne Austin (8/4/15)
Kansas: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (11/15/15)
Kentucky: Midnight in Lonesome Hollow by Kathleen Ernst (6/4/16)
Louisiana: The Secret of Magnolia Manor by Helen Wells (2/24/15)
Maine: The Silent Women by Margaret Page Hood (6/13/16)
Maryland: The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl (9/25/15)
Massachusetts: The Three Fears by Jonathan Stagge (5/17/15)
Michigan: Penny Allen & the Mystery of the Hidden Treasure by Jean McKechnie (5/31/15)
Minnesota: Whisper Murder! by Vera Kelsey (6/24/15)
Mississippi: Murder Past Due by Miranda James (7/13/15)
Missouri: Family Skeletons by Rett MacPherson (6/7/23)
Montana: The Curious Custard Pie by Margaret Scherf (6/11/21)
Nebraska:
Nevada: The Poet's Funeral by John M. Daniel (10/12/16)
New Hampshire:
New Jersey: The Diamond-Studded Typewriter by Carlton Keith (6/14/15)
New Mexico: Ride the Pink Horse by Dorothy B. Hughes (1/3/15)
New York: Police Procedurals by Martin H. Greenberg & Bill Pronizini, eds (1/9/15)
North Carolina: Death in a Sunny Place by Richard Lockridge (7/30/22)
North Dakota: See Also Murder by Larry D. Sweazy (7/7/23)
Ohio: Publish & Perish by Sally Wright 6/22/17)
Oklahoma:
Oregon: Perpetual Check by Conrad Haynes (11/20/15)
Pennsylvania: Caught Dead in Philadelphia by Gillian Roberts (2/11/15)
Rhode Island: Invitation to Murder by Leslie Ford (8/11/16)
South Carolina: Design for Murder by Carolyn G. Hart
South Dakota:
Tennessee: If Ever I Return, Pretty Peggy-O by Sharyn McCrumb (5/30/17)
Texas: Mother Finds a Body by Gypsy Rose Lee (1/12/15)
Utah:
Vermont: The Cashmere Kid by B. (Barbara) Comfort (12/31/15)
Virginia: Hunt with the Hounds by Mignon G. Eberhart (1/3/16)
Washington:
West Virginia: Miss Agatha Doubles for Death H. L. V. Fletcher (5/16/19)
Wisconsin: Deep Lake Mystery by Carolyn Wells (8/25/15)
Wyoming:

Washington D.C.: The Best Cellar by Charles Goodrum(12/31/16)


2 comments:

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

Welcome to the challenge! I know you participate in a lot of challenges and I'm glad you decided to do this one too. Let me know if you are ever having trouble finding books (:

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Adriana! I just did a preliminary scan to see how many books I had that were easy to see where they took place. Now that I know I can get about half-way round the states, I'll probably go for the full deal--but I prefer to do most (if not all) from the TBR stacks, so we'll see.