Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge


As Kristin at the Geeky Zoo Girl says: "One of my favourite challenges to take part in during 2012 and 2013 was The Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge, which was hosted by Reading with Tequila but seems to have since disappeared." It's true--I thoroughly enjoyed that one as well. It helped take me out of my mystery reading comfort zone.

She goes on to say: 'In case you don’t know, the challenge was simple: book bloggers nominated their favourite books, and then a list was made, with books nominated the most often at the top.  To take part in the challenge, you picked a level and read a specified number of recommended books from the list. I think it’s a really great challenge, because you get to discover books other bloggers loved and share your own favourites (and isn’t that kind of the point of book blogging?).  I put out a call for book recommendations, and have had some great feedback already, so I’m going to try hosting it for 2015.  I’m still putting the list together but there will be at least 100 titles to choose from – if I’m a few short, I’ll be using people’s end of the year favourites lists or something to make sure we hit that." 

The rules are crazy simple:
  1. The challenge runs from January 1st 2014 to December 31st 2015
  2. There are five levels to choose from. You can increase your goal as many times as you want, or (because we all know real life happens!) you can decrease your goal once at any point throughout the year.
  3. The full list of books to choose from will go up on New Year’s Eve: Click HERE
  4. You don’t have to commit in advance to your choices, though of course you can plan them if you want to.
The Levels
Bronze – 3 books
Silver – 5 books
Gold – 10 books
Platinum – 25 books
Diamond – 50 books +

I plan on going for the Bronze level. If I read more than that, then I will level up--but my challenge will be complete for 2015 once I grab the Bronze. Now I just have to wait for the list....Click on the link above to join in.

My books:
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (9/19/15)
2. The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum (3/22/15)
3. Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters (9/28/15)

No comments: