SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reading Challenge Addict Checkpoint

YES !!! I AM A CHALLENGE ADDICT AND PROUD OF IT!!!

Now that we've hit the midpoint of 2013, I thought I'd take a moment and see how I'm doing on all those challenges I've gathered up for the year. Here's the scoop on where things stand at the beginning of July:

Signed up for a total of 28 Challenges....so far. (Including the Challenge Addict Challenge) Yes, I said "so far"--I'm sure that there will be future challenges come along that will sing their siren song and lure me in.

I have completed 11 of them. And although the commitment is complete on What An Animal, Book Bingo, and the Mystery & Crime Challenge, I'm still reading lots of books that fit those categories.

The standings on all of the challenges:


1. Reading Challenge Addict (10/16+; 63% complete)
2. Around the World in 80 Books  (17/80; 21% complete)
3. Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2013  (21/29; 72% complete)  
4. Outdo Yourself 2013 (84/181+; 46% complete)
5. What's in a Name 6 (complete 4/23/13) 
6. Monthly Key Word (6/12; 50% complete) 
7. What an Animal VI (complete 4/3/13)
8. Color Coded Challenge (complete 5/27/13) 
9. 2013 Mount TBR (50/100; 50% complete)
10. 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die (4/5 book goal; 80% complete)
11. 2013 Book Bingo (complete 3/25/13)
12. Off the Shelf 2013 (52/100; 52% complete) 
13. Back to the Classics 2013 (3/6; 50% complete) 
14. 52 Books in 52 Weeks (27/52; 52% complete) 
15. 2013 TBR Pile (9/12 or 10/14 with alternates; 75% or 71% complete)
16. A-Z Reading Challenge (19/26; 73% complete)
17. Mystery/Crime Reading Challenge (complete 4/21/13) 
18. Book Blogger Recommendation (3/5; 60% complete) 
19. 2013 Science Fiction Experience (complete 2/28/13)
20. 2013 European Reading Challenge (complete 5/6/13)
21. Embarrassment of Riches Challenge (complete 7/3/13) 
22. GoodReads Challenge (84/181; 46% complete) 
23. 150 Plus Challenge (84/150+; 56% complete) 26 [whole alphabet]; 69% or 65% complete)
25. Library Books Reading Challenge (complete 6/4/13) 
26. Criminal Plots III (complete 4/9/13) 
27. Monthly Mix-up Mania (41/74; 55% complete) 
28. Book to Movie (complete 3/22/13)  


So...how are you doing on your challenges this year?


 

No comments: