Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
Two weeks in row for posting!  I think I may be getting my rhythm back. (Oops.  Better not get too sure of myself....)  Here's this week's offering:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
The Mummy Case Mystery by Dermot Morrah 
Dead Man Control by Helen Reilly  
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (just finished; review coming soon) 

Currently Reading: 
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger This is the remarkable story of Henry DeTamble, a dashing, adventuresome librarian who travels involuntarily through time, and Clare Abshire, an artist whose life takes a natural sequential course. Henry and Clare's passionate love affair endures across a sea of time and captures the two lovers in an impossibly romantic trap, and it is Audrey Niffenegger's cinematic storytelling that makes the novel's unconventional chronology so vibrantly triumphant.


   
Books that spark my interest:
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....Just picked up the audio version--hoping that will work out better)
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love the Time Traveler's Wife. Enjoy!

Julie said...

The Night Circus is a pretty darn good read - very inventive and interesting .. and surprising! Hope you get a chance to read it soon!