Monday, July 29, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Sign-up


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.


I just came off of the High Summer Read-a-thon--which really boosted my reading output.  I have been averaging 4 books a week this year--but during the read-a-thon, I managed nine.  I'm going to try and match that during the Bout of Books in August.  How about you?  Do you need a kick-start to get your reading going? Come and join us in the Read-a-thon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon!!

I officially joined your Reading Challenge Addicts!! I was attempting to post a comment after I signed up, but that page was determined to tell me there was a 'blogger error!' It would accept my OpenID yet not the captcha! Sighs. I gave up after 5x!!

I am finally able to come back here to say, that I think its fantastic how connected you are to the book bloggers! I always appreciate those who enjoy community amongst bloggers! I had a bit of fun with my RCAddict post, so I hope you drop by my blog to check it out! I need to go and see what everyone else did!!

Ooh, I was suppose to talk about the Bout! Laughs. Its my first time to attempt it, and I will be dropping by to leave encouraging notes for you whilst its going on!

I definitely needed a boost in my reading adventures! Ooh, if you need inspiration, I just found the wickedest and most brilliant 'steampunky!' music to listen too! Its great for a backdrop to leaving comments!