Monday, July 8, 2013

Challenge Commitment Complete: 1001 Books to Read Before you Die


Rachel at Resistance is Futile thought it would be fun to gather a few people who are interested in reading through the list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.  She has put together a perpetual--lifelong!--challenge and has posted a compilation of all editions of the list for us to follow.  OR you're welcome to work from the compilation or from one specific edition - your choice! For full details and to sign up, jump on the link above.

I don't really plan to read all the book so on the list--but I do plan to set a goal every year for a few years.  This year, I pledged to read at least five books from the list and with my most recent read, Cold Comfort Farm, I have managed that.  Below is the list of books read this year.  If you'd like to see all the books I've read from the list so far (including all past reads from previous blogging years and pre-blogging), then click HERE.



Total Read So Far: 146

Challenge Goal 2013: Five books (review links on list at my sign-up page)
1. Vicar of Wakefield by Oliver Goldsmith
2. The Secret History by Donna Tartt 
3. The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes 
4. The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers 
5. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons

3 comments:

Gram said...

I was surprised to see that I have read many of the listed books. I didn't see very many on the list that I want to read. It saddened me to see that The Good Earth by Pearl Buck which won the Pulitzer in 1932 was not included.
Yes I have read Cold Comfort Farm and really enjoyed it.
Dee

Gram said...

P. S. I did not find Bang the Drum Slowly by Mark Harris (1956) either. I'm sure some of your fond remembrances were left out as well. Dee

Bev Hankins said...

Yes there are a number of books I love that didn't make the list. But that's okay. And it's okay that I won't really read all the books on the list....there are a lot that I'm not interested in at all.