Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
Here's this week's offering:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (finished last Monday--but review went up later) 
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton [Phoebe Atwood Taylor] 
Twenty First Century Blues by Richard Cecil 
Photo by Sammy Davis, Jr. [text by Burt Boyar] 
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
 

Currently Reading: 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern:   A circus, titled Le Cirque des Reve, comes to town out of the blue and without warning. Within its tents, young magicians Celia and Marco are waging a fierce competition for which they have trained since childhood. They unexpectedly fall in love with each other and share a fantastical romance that manifests in fateful ways. 


   
Books that spark my interest:
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....Just picked up the audio version--hoping that will work out better)
Dead Old by Maureen Carter
The Case of the Careless Kitten by Erle Stanley Gardner

9 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Even though it sounds like just-my-kind-of-book, I still haven't gotten around to reading Night Circus. Thank you for the reminder.

Harvee said...

The Case of the Careless Kitten is probably one I'd like!

RAnn said...

Time Traveler's Wife is one of those books I keep meaning to read.

Erin @ Quixotic Magpie said...

I really have to read The Night Circus! Have a great week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I downloaded The Age of Innocence a couple of weeks ago...hope you enjoy all your reads.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I read The Time Traveler's Wife last week.. It was a re-read for me.
I hope you're enjoying The Night Circus, it is an absolute favourite of mine.

Enjoy your upcoming reads!

My Book Bubble

Julie said...

The Time Traveler's Wife is on my staggering TBR shelves - I hope to get to it soon. The Night Circus was pretty fab - and my daughters thought so as well. Enjoy your reading week!

Yvonne said...

Everything looks great! I enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife.

Have a great week!

Elizabeth said...

I couldn't get into The Time Traveler's Wife, but you posted a great review.

ENJOY your week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading