SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The World of Christopher Robin: Mini-Review

The World of Christopher Robin contains both When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six--two works of poetry for the young which I read in separate editions when I was a small person.  When I became a grownup with my own small person, I got this delightfully illustrated ("with new illustrations in full color") to share with my son.  He wasn't quite as interested in the poems as he was in the Winnie-the-Pooh stories.  I couldn't really blame him.  I seem to remember being a bit disappointed that there wasn't more Christopher Robin and Pooh in these books myself--at first.  But then I fell in love with the poems, so it came out all right anyway.

Rereading these poems was much more of an exercise in nostalgia than reading the Pooh books.  I can remember why I liked them (and I still smile over quite a lot of them)--but they don't hold the charm for me quite the way Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner do.  It was a nice stroll down memory lane--and I'll keep the four star rating for that--but I don't somehow think I'll be reading them again unless my son presents me with a grandchild in the future.


No comments: