Monday, July 1, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
 
Two weeks in row for posting!  I think I may be getting my rhythm back. (Oops.  Better not get too sure of myself....)  Here's this week's offering:
 

Books Read (click on titles for review): 
Death in Zanzibar by M. M. Kaye
Jack on the Gallows Tree by Leo Bruce 
The Listening by Kyle Dargan 
Mystery Train by David Wojahn 
Death & the Gentle Bull by Frances & Richard Lockridge

 
Currently Reading: 
The Mummy Case Mystery by Dermot Morrah: Amidst Commemoration Night festivities at Beaufort College, Oxford, chaos erupts twice--the first time during the playing of a prank using Professor Benchley's newly acquired mummy, the late King Pepy I, and the second time when a fire consumes the Bursary, coincidentally the building where Benchley resides. This combination of events results in a mystery: the disappearance of either Benchley or the mummy. Despite the coroner's ruling of accidental death for the professor, only one corpse is recovered among the ashes at the scene.

   
Books that spark my interest:
The Hollow Chest by Alice Tilton
Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....)
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger 

4 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Happy Reading this week!

Marce said...

I really thought I would like Time Travelers Wife, I tried a few times, finally had to embrace DNF. I wonder what you will think of this one.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have an impressive list of reads...and your upcoming list looks promising, too. Hope you enjoy your books.

Elizabeth said...

Mystery Train looks good. Lots of good books for you to read.

ENJOY!!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading