Monday, July 29, 2013

High Summer Read-a-Thon: Wrap-up


Thanks to Michelle@Seasons of Reading for once again sponsoring her High Summer Read-a-Thon! This little read-a-thon was just what I needed--I've gone from being about 7 books behind on my GoodReads Challenge goal to being on track.  Woo Hoo!  I didn't quite read what I planned--although I do think I wound reading as many books as planned--I just shoved some nostalgia reading with Winnie-the-Pooh in there.

Here's what I managed (along with the books I listed that I didn't get to):
  • Dead Old by Maureen Carter [Picked up for a challenge--had to find a book with a main character who had my name.  Do you know how difficult it is to find "Bev" in fiction?]  (7/22/13)
  • Capacity for Murder by Bernadette Pajer: the newest installment in her Professor Bradshaw mysteries set at the dawn of the 20th Century.  I've been waiting and waiting for this to be available. (7/24/13)
  • Mist on the Saltings by Henry Wade (7/26/13)
  • The Black Stage by Anthony Gilbert(7/27/13)
  • London Particular (aka Fog of Doubt) by Christianna Brand (7/22/13)
  • The Case of the Careless Kitten by Erle Stanley Gardner (7/23/13)
  • The Scarlet Macaw by S.P. Hozy 
  • Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A.  Milne (7/28/13)
  • The House at Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (7/28/13) 
  • The World of Christopher Robin by A. A. Milne (7/28/13)
  •  Murder by the Book by Eric Brown    
  • Andersen's Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen
  • The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton (only because I need it for challenges...I was uninspired when I tried it a month or so ago....Just picked up the audio version--hoping that will work out better.

    I have a feeling the Wharton book just might not get done--fortunately I can sub other books if necessary.....

    Books Read: 9
    Pages: 2189
    Hours Read: 18

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Bev, you knocked it out of the park! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us. Hope you will be with us for my future read-a-thons. =O)