ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS

Second Round of Super Book Password News: Debbie has correctly guessed my Historic Event! But Ryan's Password is still up for grabs. Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Library Books Reading Challenge

Even though I'm making a huge effort to read primarily from my own TBR stacks, I do love the library and there are a few challenges that are going to require some library check-outs.  My husband and I stop by the library once a week on our lunch hour and then again on Saturday--and there are times that I just can't resist the chanting of the books over on the "New Releases" shelves...particularly the new mysteries.  I also want to support my local library as much as I can.  With libraries all over the world dying a slow death and some places coming up with libraries that have no actual books--I mean, real, hold-in-your-hands, go-browse-through-the-shelves books (I'm not kidding...go HERE to see what I mean), I don't want our fabulous library to go the way of the dinosaurs.  That's the long way round to tell you that, yes, I'm signing up for another challenge: Library Books Reading Challenge hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.  Reviews are not necessary, but they can be linked HERE.





I am signing up for the Middle Grades level which means I'll be reading 18 books borrowed from libraries. If you too want to sign-up, then hop on the link above.  I'll list my books read below.


1. A Dark & Stormy Night by Jeanne M. Dams (1/4/13) 
2. The Evil That Men Do by Jeanne M. Dams (1/11/13)
3. The Corpse of St. James's by Jeanne M. Dams (1/13/13)
4. Murder at Markham by Patricia Sprinkle (1/26/13)
5. Zima Blue & Other Stories by Alastair Reynolds (2/3/13)
6. Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (2/11/13)
7. Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell (2/15/13)
8. Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio (2/18/13)
9. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (2/24/13)
10. A Cold & Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry (3/9/13)
11. The Perfect Landscape by Ragna Sigurdardottir (3/12/13)
12. Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)
13. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (3/20/13)
14. Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen (Gordon McAlpine) [3/30/13]
15. The African Queen by C. S. Forester (4/6/13)
16. The Ivy League Chronicles: 9 Squares by E. K. Prescott (4/10/13)
17. The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards (4/14/13)
18. Finding Camlann by Sean Pidgeon (5/18/13)
19. The Secret History by Donna Tartt (6/4/13) 
20. Devoured by D. E. Meredith (6/22/13)
21. Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov (6/23/13)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I signed up for this one too. Good luck!

Book Dragon said...

Welcome Bev! You can count all your 2013 books.

Bev Hankins said...

Yay! Three down already, then. :-)

Kimberlee said...

I am participating in this one too. Good luck and hope you get to read some good ones.

Kimberlee
www.girllostinabook.com