Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Library Books Reading Challenge

Even though I'm making a huge effort to read primarily from my own TBR stacks, I do love the library and there are a few challenges that are going to require some library check-outs.  My husband and I stop by the library once a week on our lunch hour and then again on Saturday--and there are times that I just can't resist the chanting of the books over on the "New Releases" shelves...particularly the new mysteries.  I also want to support my local library as much as I can.  With libraries all over the world dying a slow death and some places coming up with libraries that have no actual books--I mean, real, hold-in-your-hands, go-browse-through-the-shelves books (I'm not kidding...go HERE to see what I mean), I don't want our fabulous library to go the way of the dinosaurs.  That's the long way round to tell you that, yes, I'm signing up for another challenge: Library Books Reading Challenge hosted by Book Dragon's Lair.  Reviews are not necessary, but they can be linked HERE.





I am signing up for the Middle Grades level which means I'll be reading 18 books borrowed from libraries. If you too want to sign-up, then hop on the link above.  I'll list my books read below.


1. A Dark & Stormy Night by Jeanne M. Dams (1/4/13) 
2. The Evil That Men Do by Jeanne M. Dams (1/11/13)
3. The Corpse of St. James's by Jeanne M. Dams (1/13/13)
4. Murder at Markham by Patricia Sprinkle (1/26/13)
5. Zima Blue & Other Stories by Alastair Reynolds (2/3/13)
6. Unnatural Habits by Kerry Greenwood (2/11/13)
7. Man in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell (2/15/13)
8. Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio (2/18/13)
9. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (2/24/13)
10. A Cold & Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry (3/9/13)
11. The Perfect Landscape by Ragna Sigurdardottir (3/12/13)
12. Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (3/19/13)
13. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff (3/20/13)
14. Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen (Gordon McAlpine) [3/30/13]
15. The African Queen by C. S. Forester (4/6/13)
16. The Ivy League Chronicles: 9 Squares by E. K. Prescott (4/10/13)
17. The Frozen Shroud by Martin Edwards (4/14/13)
18. Finding Camlann by Sean Pidgeon (5/18/13)
19. The Secret History by Donna Tartt (6/4/13) 
20. Devoured by D. E. Meredith (6/22/13)
21. Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov (6/23/13)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I signed up for this one too. Good luck!

Book Dragon said...

Welcome Bev! You can count all your 2013 books.

Bev Hankins said...

Yay! Three down already, then. :-)

Kimberlee said...

I am participating in this one too. Good luck and hope you get to read some good ones.

Kimberlee
www.girllostinabook.com