Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blog of the Year 2012

My good friend John over at Pretty Sinister Books has done me the great of honor of adding me to his "mystical" list of bloggers that he believes deserves the award of Blog of the the Year for 2012.  John is a pretty spectacular blogger himself and more than deserving of the honor that Jeff Flugel who blogs (mostly) about movies at The Stalking Moon according him.  In fact, as you'll see below when you get to my list, I'm going to return the favor and award John his second star.  That's right folks, this award allows you to pick up the honor more than once.  And I'm not returning the favor just because John remembered me.  John is an absolutely marvelous blogger who is incredibly knowledgeable about my favorite subject--vintage mysteries.  I have learned so much from him and he has added more titles to my "Must Find & Own" list than I'll ever have time to read.

As I told John on his post, I'm not sure I feel all that deserving for 2012.  I really felt off my game last year--but I certainly appreciate that he believes I've done good things here at My Reader's Block in 2012.  I'm going to do my best to live up to that in 2013.





As is the case with these blog awards I am supposed to follow through with some rules:


1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award at The Thought Palette. and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join the Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…


And here are the blogs I regularly read that I think are the best of 2012.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some folks--for that let me apologize.  The first three of these folks have already been mentioned, but they really do great work and are definitely deserving of multiple stars.  Jenners at Life...with books is an awesome blogger with a great sense of humor (and two very cute dogs that I love to see pictures of) and has a fun running game of "Tag Chicken" going with Tricia over at eclectic/eccentric.  Neer at A Hot Cup of Pleasure is wonderfully supportive and a terrific member of the blogging community.  Leaving lovely comments, joining in my sponsored challenges, and reading and reviewing authors that I haven't yet had a chance to get to.

1. Pretty Sinister Books
2. In So Many Words
3. Tipping My Fedora
4. Life....with books
5. A Hot Cup of Pleasure

10 comments:

neer said...

Thanks a lot Bev. Never thought I'll be getting such an award. Will post about it soon.

Thanks once again.

J F Norris said...

Ah shucks. Thanks a bunch! I have way too much to live up to now in 2013. Better start crankin' out some reviews on obscure and hard to find books so you can add to your ever growing list. ;^)

Ryan said...

congrats on your well deserved award :-)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Congrats! Enjoy the honor....

Anonymous said...

Very many thanks Bev, you are always generous to a fault - congrats, as always, on the excellence of your 'Reader's Block' - long may it continue!

All the best,


Sergio

Jenners said...

Aww..I'm touched and honored and I shall try to post more photos of my cute dogs! (I have some new Juliet photos that are really good -- look for them soon.)

It always feels good to be validated in this way, doesn't it? Even though I don't "do" awards, I always appreciate being thought of in a positive light.

keep up the good work with your own blogging! Best wishes for 2013!

Bev Hankins said...

Yes...validations is always good. You keep up the good work too!

neer said...

Bev, please add a star to your award badge.

Check this post:

http://inkquilletc.blogspot.in/2013/01/blog-of-year-2012.html

Looking forward to many more interesting posts.

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, neer!

Yvette said...

Thanks so much, Bev. I'm trying to figure out a way to note this on my blog somewhere on my blog. For whatever reason I am prevented from adding anything more on my sidebars (Maybe I've reached the limit) so I have to remove something to use the space already there.

I'll figure it out.
THANKS AGAIN, m'dear. You're a peach.

This blogging business is not as easy as it looks. Ha. So it's always nice to be appreciated.