SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Challenge Complete: Genre Decades





Back in 2015 when Becky from Becky's Book Reviews put together the Genre Decades Reading Challenge. where you choose a decade (or two or...) and read books from a particular genre published in that decade. I thought it would be nifty to do TWO decades. I was beginning to think I'd made a mistake...because fulfilling the Sci-Fi Seventies turned out to be a lot slower going than anticipated. In fact, I thought I might not make it before the end of the year. BUT--I just finished my last one tonight and I can claim this challenge as complete! See below for my lists...



I jumped in for Mysteries from the Thirties AND Science Fiction from the Seventies (so a total of 20 books).

1930s Mysteries
1.  The Avenging Parrot by Anne Austin [1930]
2.  The Case of the Painted Girl by Frank King [1931] (1/6/15)
3. Two & Two Make Twenty-Two by Gwen Bristow & Bruce Manning [1932] (7/23/15)
4.  The Case of Colonel Marchand by E. C. R. Lorac [1933] (4/27/15)
5. The Riddle of the Traveling Skull by Harry Stephen Keeler [1934] (6/21/15)
6. The Bat Flies Low by Sax Rohmer [1935]
7. The Murder of Sir Edmund Godfrey by John Dickson Carr [1936] (4/8/15)
8. Double Cross Purposes by Father Ronald A. Knox [1937] (6/3/15)
9. Brighton Rock by Graham Greene [1938] (3/2/15)
10. The Smiler with the Knife by Nicholas Blake [1939] (4/21/15)


1970s Science Fiction
1. Ringworld by Larry Niven [1970] (8/20/15)
2. Alpha 2 by Robert Silverberg, ed [1971] (1/18/15)
3. The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit & Other Plays by Ray Bradbury [1972] (12/15/15)
4. Ten Thousand Light-Years from Home by James Tiptree, Jr. [1973] (1/2/15)
5. The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle [1974] (4/12/15)
6. The Winds Twelve Quarters by Ursula Le Guin [1975] (12/9/15)
7. Spock, Messiah! by Theodore R. Cogswell [1976] (5/8/15)
8. Asimov's Choice: Black Holes & Bug-Eyed Monsters by George H. Scithers, ed [1977] (1/9/15)
9. Strange Wine by Harlan Ellison [1978] (5/21/15)
10. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams [1979] 

1 comment:

Jo said...

My mom loved Sci-fi and The Hitchikers Guide to The Galaxy she really liked, so I read it too and loved it, she also enjoyed Bradbury and Isaac Asimov. Congrats on completing your Challenge!!