Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A-Z Mystery Author Challenge







I'm always excited to get an email from Michelle saying that her A-Z Mystery Author challenge sign-up is ready to go.  I just got it tonight.  You all have to know that I love me some mysteries!  And I love trying to fill out the alphabet with mystery authors. 



Rules: A-Z represents the LAST name of the author in the mystery, thriller, suspense, cozy, noir, etc. genre. Read as many or as little as you want. Post your links at her site for your Challenge post and your reviews! (click link above to take you there).  Challenge Runs until December 31, 2016.
 This year, I'm going to change it up a bit. I usually set my commitment as the letters A-M. This time, my goal is half the alphabet--any 13 letters. I'd love to do all of them, but X is such a difficult one (especially if I stick to my goal of reading only books on my own TBR stacks) I always have to cheat and just have an X somewhere in the name. I also had a bit of trouble with a few other letters in 2015, so we'll see what happens in the coming year.  
 
I'll fill in the books as they come. Commitment fulfilled 3/3/16. Still Reading!

A: The Decagon House Murders by Yukito Ayatsuji (7/3/16)
B: Hardly a Man Is Now Alive by Herbert Brean (1/16/16)
C: Which Doctor by Edward Candy (1/28/16)
D: One Foot in the Grave by Peter Dickinson (4/18/16)
E: Hunt with the Hounds by Mignon G. Eberhart (1/3/16)
F: The Clue of the Judas Tree by Leslie Ford (1/6/16)
G: The Case of the Black-Eyed Blonde by Erle Stanley Gardner (4/12/16)
H: The Silver Anniversary Murder by Lee Harris (2/17/16)
I: The Paper Thunderbolt by Michael Innes (5/29/16)
J: Servant's Problem by Veronica Parker Johns (8/4/16)
K: Red for Murder by Harold Kemp (1/13/16)
L: The Black Rustle by Constance & Gwenyth Little (2/22/16)
M: Who's Calling? by Helen McCloy (1/31/16)
N: Unhallowed Murder by Simon Nash (8/20/16)
O: The Mirabilis Diamond by Jerome Odlum (7/31/16)
P: The Day He Died by Lewis Padgett (3/3/16)
Q: Design for Murder by Erica Quest (8/20/16)
R: Murder at Arroways by Helen Reilly (1/7/16)
S: Chili Con Corpses by J. B. Stanley (4/28/16)
T: The Limehouse Text by Will Thomas (4/13/16)
U: The Bachelors of Broken Hill by Arthur W. Upfield (2/24/16)
V: The Chalk Circle Man by Fred Vargas (4/21/16)
W: The Girl in the Cellar by Patricia Wentworth (1/9/16)
X: A Death for a Darling by E. X. Giroux (8/19/16)
Y: The Fifth Passenger by Edward Young (2/10/16)
Z: The Warsaw Anagrams by Richard Zimler (7/17/16)

No comments: