Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reading Challenge Addict: The Final Tally


So....like last year (when I signed up for 47 challenges), I went just a teensy bit overboard in the challenge department in 2015. I knew that I would and I signed up for the top level:

Out of This World: 16+ Challenges (Entered & Completed)


I met that goal, quite a long time ago. But how many did I actually sign up for this year? Forty-four. But this year, my eyes were bigger than my challenge capacity--I didn't quite finish them all. And it was the perpetual challenges that were my down fall. I failed to complete two challenges. I was supposed to read 50 more books that would qualify for the other half of my Century of Books Challenge. This is a "set the limits yourself" kind of challenge and I was determined to read all the books within in two years. That didn't happen. I still need to read 13 more books (nearly all pre-1930) to fill in the rest of the century. So, I'll be adding that one to my list for 2016. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish off those last 13 books next year.

The other problem challenge was the Read One Million Pages Challenge. I've set a personal goal of 40,000 pages a year on that one. I'm a little over 2,000 pages short on that one. I just didn't read as many chunky books this year--and I read about thirty fewer books overall. I hope the reading numbers aren't taking a permanent downward trend.

Overall, it's been a fun challenge year. I signed up for some challenges that I'd never done before and most of them pushed me to read books out of my comfort zone. But--next year, I'm hunkering down with my personal TBR stacks and have made a New Year's Resolution that I will only sign up for challenges which I can fulfill using my own books. With about 1600 of my own books that need reading, I really need to focus. Fellow addicts need not fear, however. My own stacks give plenty of scope for challenges--I've already signed up for 19 in the New Year and I'm sure there are more to come.


If you'd like to take a peek at the my 2015 challenges, then check out the tab along the top or click HERE. Eventually, I'll move the 2015 list to the "Previous Challenges" tab.

No comments: