I'm ready to sign-up for the eighth annual What’s In A Name Challenge, originally started by Annie, handed to Beth Fish Reads, and now continued by Charlie at The Worm Hole.
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):
- A word including ‘ing’ in it (The Time Of Singing, Dancing To The Flute, Lex Trent Fighting With Fire) My examples are verbs but you can of course use other words.
- A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
- A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
- A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
- A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
- An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)
And my books (subject to change):
"ING": Flying to Nowhere by John Fuller (4/14/15)
Color: The Turquoise Shop by Frances Crane (7/3/15)
Family Relation: Mother Finds a Body by Gypsy Rose Lee (1/12/15)
Body of Water: Deep Lake Mystery by Carolyn Wells (5/25/15)
City: Caught Dead in Philadelphia by Gillian Roberts (2/11/15)
Animal: The Avenging Parrot by Anne Austin (8/4/15)
Fun titles, Bev, and I like your choice of turquoise!
Those sound like good titles for this challenge. I haven't chosen any books, yet, but I'm looking forward to this challenge.
Joy's Book Blog
Post a Comment