The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. This year I'm going to open things up a bit more--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2015.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2015 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 4, 2015.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.
Hi, I'm doing this one again. it's always so fun.
Glad you enjoy it! And welcome back!
I did it the first time I tried but haven't been able to again. Maybe this year! Thanks for hosting
I'll be doing this again this year - even though I may not finish this year's challenge.
Thanks for hosting.
New to this challenge. I've got everything planned out so hopefully that works in my favor.
Welcome, Adriana! Glad to have you joining in!
This looks great fun. It will have me thinking about what books I pick up which is always a good thing as it stops me from getting bored :) I'm in. :)
I'm so in! I love a good book challenge and am obsessed with color so this is perfect!
Hi Bev, I am signing up for it once again but had a question regarding colour words in non-European languages. Would they be allowed too?
Yaayyyy...my favorite challenge! This year I hope to add my reviews as well.
I love having color in my life. I'm back again! Thanks for hosting!
I would like to join.
Hi Bev, I have a quick question - is it OK to use ARCs from NetGalley (etc.) as books for this challenge? If not I have plenty of options, I was just wondering. Thanks!
Anja: Absolutely! The only challenge I host that will generally not recognize ARCs is my Mount TBR challenge.
Thanks for hosting this challenge. I can't wait to get going. :)
Ok, I am done now!
Hello - Thanks so much for hosting this challenge. I always love finding new ones!! I'm joining a tad late and I have included my sign up in my catch up of all the challenges I am doing this year - I hope this is okay. Happy and colourful reading to you all!!
Will you be doing this again for 2016? I always love doing this one.
Post a Comment