SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Challenge Complete: A-Z Mystery Authors





Every year I'm excited to get an email from Michelle saying that her A-Z Mystery Author challenge sign-up is ready to go. I love trying to fill out the alphabet with mystery authors.

My declared commitment for 2014 was for the letters A-M. But I'm an over-achiever, so I go for the entire alphabet (with a slight cheat on "X"). As you can see, I completed my commitment last month and I have now finished off the rest of the letters.

Here's my list (normally, I fill it in ahead of time--this year I'm going to fill them in as they come:
A: Exit Actors, Dying by Margot Arnold (2/4/14)
B: Cursed in the Act by Raymond Buckland (2/16/14)
C: Shelf Life by Douglas Clark (2/6/14)
D: The Skeleton in the Clock by Carter Dickson (1/8/14)
E: No. 9 Belmont Square by Margaret Erskine (6/21/14)
F: By the Watchman's Clock by Leslie Ford (5/23/14)
G: Vertigo 42 by Martha Grimes (9/4/14)
H: The Xiblaba Murders by Lyn Hamilton (1/18/14)
I: Lament for a Maker by Michael Innes (10/8/14)
J: Decoded by Mai Jia (4/5/14)
K: The Mangle Street Murders by M. R. C. Kasasian (8/5/14)
L: Death on the Aisle by Frances & Richard Lockridge (1/24/14)
M: Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell (1/5/14)
Commitment Complete 10/8/14
_____________________________
Bonus:
N: Death of a Dutchman by Magdalen Nabb (11/18/14)
O: Where There's Love, There's Hate by Silvina Ocampo & Adolfo Bioy Casares (2/5/14)
P: The Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker (6/19/17)
Q: Ellery Queen's 20th Anniversary Annual by Ellery Queen, ed (2/22/14)
R: Shake Hands Forever by Ruth Rendell (1/13/14)
S: Gambit by Rex Stout (2/8/14)
T: The Adventure of the Eleven Cuff-Buttons by James Francis Thierry (1/26/14)
U: Two for Sorrow by Nicola Upson (9/27/14)
V: The Winter Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine (1/23/14)
W: Darkness at Pemberely by T. H. White (1/30/14)
X: A Death for a Dancer by E. X. Giroux (9/28/14)
Y: The Dark Ring of Murder by Misa Yamamura (11/19/14)
Z: The Lady of Sorrows by Anne Zouroudi (4/26/14)

No comments: