Sunday, November 30, 2014

2015 Men in Uniform Challenge


January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015

 As Brianna at The Book Vixen says: Who doesn't love a man in uniform? I sure do! And I love reading about them too. They're hot, resourceful and they're always well-equipped. Do you like reading books featuring men in uniform too? If so, then this is the reading challenge for you!

Levels:
  • Sergeant: read 1–5 men in uniform novels
  • Lieutenant: read 6–10 men in uniform novels
  • Captain: read 11–15 men in uniform novels
  • Chief: read 16+ men in uniform novels
 I joined this challenge for the first time last year.  I realized that with all the murder mysteries I read that surely to goodness I could collect enough policemen to enter at the most basic level. And I was right.  So that's what I'm going to do again this year.  If I find that I can round up even more of those handsome men in uniform, then I'll ask my commanding officer for a promotion and will try for a higher level.  But my basic challenge will be complete when I earn my stripes for:

Sergeant: read 1-5 men in uniform novels

If you'd like to join in the fun, then click on the 2015 Men in Uniform Challenge link for full details and to sign up.

My reading list:
1. Police Procedurals by Martin H. Greenberg & Bill Pronzini, eds [policemen, all sorts of policemen] (1/9/15)
2. Death of Dwarf by Harold Kemp [policemen] (1/25/15)
3. Caught Dead in Philadelphia by Gillian Roberts [policemen] (2/11/15)
4. Into the Valley by John Hersey [Marines] (2/28/15)
5. Death & Mr. Prettyman by Kenneth Giles  [policemen] (3/6/15)
Challenge Commitment Complete (3/6/15)
6. Playground of Death by John Buxton Hilton [policemen] (3/18/15)
7. The False Inspector Dew by Peter Lovesey [officers & crew of ocean liner] (4/1/15)
8. Gods of Gold by Chris Nickson [policemen] (5/23/15)
9.
10.
Lieutenant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and thanks for participating!