Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WWW Wednesdays: Whatcha Reading?


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?


Current Reads:
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I know, I know. I should have read this long ago. It's been on my TBR list for eons. And as an English major it's a bit shaming to admit that I'm just now getting around to it.

Prescription Murder by Alan Hynd. The world-famous explorer in the world of crime, has selected from his files the most incredible, the most fiendish, the most unforgettably chilling cases of doctors who dealt in murder. Such as the curious Dr. Cream, the cross-eyed hypnotist with a yen for shady ladies--and a habit of paying off in strychnince....And the dapper Dr. Petiot, whose undergound railway transported refugees out of occupied France--and into eternity....And the blabby Dr. Buchanan, who couldn't stop talking for the life--or death of him....

Finished Since Last Wednesday (click titles for reviews):
Madam Crowl's Ghost & Other Stories by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
The Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by Marion Chesney
Castle Dor by Daphne du Maurier & Arthur Quiller Couch

Up Next:
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers & Barbara Reynolds). I still need to knock out this last portion both for personal satisfaction and The Really Old Classics Challenge & The Fall Into Reading Challenge
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier to finish up one part of the Daphne du Maurier Challenge

9 comments:

CMash said...

One word..WOW!! You had a great reading week.
CMash

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash: Jekyll/Hyde is very short (only about 100 pages) and Changeless & Miss Tonks are very light, fast reads. But I am pretty proud of myself. :-)

Jackie said...

You are on a Classics kick here, great books and I loved Jekyll and Hyde and of course Rebecca... To Kill A Mockingbird was a have to read almost 33 years ago and sorry but have never read it again, do not have to it stuck in my brain all these years.....

My WWW this week is a mixed bag!

jackie ^_^

Kate Scott said...

I love To Kill a Mockingbird! What did you think of The Picture of Dorian Gray? I though it was ironic that Oscar Wilde believed that art has no moral value... 'cause it sure seemed like this book made a moral point!

Here's my WWW: http://parchmentgirl.com/2010/10/06/www-wednesdays-no-two/

Unknown said...

Great books! To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all time favorite books! Hope your enjoying it!

Aleksandra said...

I still haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird, too :) Happy reading & have a great week!

Irene Palfy said...

Oh, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is one of my alltime favourites, too! I loved THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY and REBECCA!!

shaunesay said...

you had quite a week! That will hopefully look like my list of books finished for the read-a-thon Saturday, only you can bet they'll be kids books and quick reads, lol!

My WWW is here if you'd like to drop by!

Sugar and Snark said...

Ooooh Changeless by Gail Carriger is in the mail! Hope you enjoyed it!