SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Top 5 Sundays (#9): Best Disney Movies


Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)
This week’s theme is Best Disney Movies!
Hope you have fun too!
After much deliberation (there are SO many great Disney films), here are mine:

#5: Mary Poppins: Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke and dancing penguins. A spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down. Popping in and out of chalk pictures. What more could anyone want?

#4: The Parent Trap: The ORIGINAL with Hayley Mills. I'll just say right now, up front--I don't like remakes. It's one of my prejudices and since it's such a harmless one I'm not ashamed of it. The end where they go camping is one of my favorite parts.

#3: The Aristocats: This is such a fun, jazzy Disney movie. Love it, love it, love it!



#2: 101 Dalmatians: Again, the ORIGINAL, animated version. I also have a real problem with taking something I have loved in animated form (Dalmatians, Scooby-Doo, Underdog, you name it) and trying make it live action or computer animated, meant to look like live action. Leave my loves alone! I love this one not only for the Dalmatians...but Cruella De Vil. She's so nasty.



#1: The Emperor's New Groove: This is one of the few movies that can send me into paroxysms of laughter every single time I watch it. It doesn't matter how many times I see the scene where the kids and their mom are harassing Yzma (culminating with her being all gooed up & feathered and used as a pinata)...I laugh till my sides hurt.


So, how about you? What are your favorite Disney movies?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow great list!!! Glad to have you join in this week! =)))