Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Fictional Crushes
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's questions asks us to list our top ten fictional crushes.
I wasn't sure I could come up with ten...and I was right. Although I got pretty darn close--a lot closer than I thought I would. I've been asked about favorite villains before and had a hard time with that one as well. I just don't seem to collect villains or crushes. Just good reads. But here goes...my crushes:
1. Lord Peter Wimsey. Had no problem coming up with this one. Lord Peter is wealthy, intelligent, and witty. He may not be the most handsome, but he certainly is devoted and entertaining. He could talk piffle to me all day.
2. Bunter. If I can't have Lord Peter, then I'll take his right-hand man. Bunter is always on the spot with exactly what one needs. And I hear he toasts the perfect crumpet.
3. Rhett Butler. I'm also partial to the suave handsome man who has some of the bad boy in him. Gotta love how he stays devoted to Scarlett all that time. It's a shame she waits until just too late to realize what a real catch he is.
4. Captain Wentworth from Persuasion. I'm sure he's going to appear on a lot of lists.
5. Fitzwilliam Darcy. Another witty man. I love his verbal sparring with Elizabeth. I'm very much a word person...so verbal games are a big draw for me.
6. Henry Gamadge from Elizabeth Daly's mystery series. A man who loves old/rare books. And is a detective? How could I not love him?
7. Reed Amherst (married to Amanda Cross's professor/detective Kate Fansler). Reed is a marvelous husband for Kate. There when she needs him--supportive even when he thinks she's getting into too much danger. And, again, one of those verbal, witty fellas. I think I see a pattern here.
8. Lancelot. The sexy, lover of Camelot.
9. Calvin from Wrinkle in Time. If I were younger....he'd be perfect.
That's it...can't come up with anyone else right now. If I have a sudden inspiration, I'll add a post script.