SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Library Loot.



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

This week, I don't have much. I just took a boat-load back to the library, but all I have currently is The Art of the Sonnet by Stephen Burt & David Mikics. This book collects one hundred exemplary sonnets of the English language (and a few in translation), representing highlights in the history of the form, accompanied by short commentaries of the poems. I love sonnets, so I'm kind of excited by this one. The other item I have checked out from the library is Alfred Hitchcock's filmed version of Rebecca. I plan on giving that a viewing later this afternoon.

No comments: