
Cecil Titmuss was a careful man. Whenever he left his car, however briefly, he secured the steering column with a locking device; at night, he emptied the coins from his pockets and sorted them into columns marshalled in an orderly row on his dressing-chest, putting one tenpence piece into a money-box shaped like a hen on a nest and labelled Sedgebay in Gothic script.
The Friday 56 is a bookish meme
sponsored by Freda's Voice. It is really easy to
participate. Just grab a book, any book, and turn
to page 56. Find a sentence that grabs you and
post it.





















8 comments:
I would read more about Cecil, for sure. Nice pick.
Interesting snippets. I hope you are enjoying the books. Happy reading!
Both Lorna and Cecil seem like interesting characters!
Happy weekend!
It's been years since I read any of Margaret Yorke's books. I really like them and this is one I've not read - I hope the library has a copy.
I have never read this author...thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your weekend.
BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings
Oh, no, I suspect something bad will happen to this careful man. Thanks for piquing my curiosity...and for visiting my blog.
I want to go find out more about this book. And what he is saving up for.
Post a Comment