Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Read It Again, Sam Challenge


For those of you who love to revisit old friends in the book world, I present a brand new My Reader's Block Challenge--The Read It Again, Sam Challenge.  Every year it seems like I wind up re-reading a few books just because I have a perfect old favorite that will fit right into one of my other challenges.  So...because I love challenges and I love making my books fit into a challenge...here we go.

Rules:

*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're lost in a nostalgic haze and want to tackle a higher level, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.  You cannot change down, however.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.

*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2014.
Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2014 will count no matter when you sign up.

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

*Everyone who completes their challenge level will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.

*Please post about the challenge on your blog.

*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page.  Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable. Please post about the challenge on your blog if you have one
*Please use the Review Page [coming at the beginning of the year] to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.  Reviews are not required--but I would love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.

*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.
  


Levels:

Déjà vu: Reread 4 books
Feeling Nostalgic: Reread 8 books
A Trip Down Memory Lane: Reread 12 books
Living in the Past: Reread 16+ books





13 comments:

neer said...

Thank you so much Bev for creating this challenge. Now I'll be re-reading without feeling guilty about it. Will sign-up for it once I start signing up for 2014 challenges.

Book Dragon said...

I'm with neer on this, now I can re-read with guilt :-)

Thank you for hosting this!

Bev Hankins said...

Guilt-free rereading. Just another service I offer.... :-)

Susan said...

How delightful - the instant I read this challenge, I thought "Anne of Green Gables"! I keep meaning to reread the series, next year I will, thanks to the little "push" of this challenge.

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome, Susan! Glad to give you a reason to reread.

readthegamut said...

This is exactly the sort of challenge I need for 2014. I almost never reread books, yet there are so many I read a long time ago and want to revisit with older eyes, as well as a few I just feel warrant a second look. I'll definitely sign up for this when I get ready to make my 2014 challenges post in the coming weeks.

Thanks so much for hosting this!

Bev Hankins said...

Look forward to have you join, readthegamut!

Kathryn T. said...

I am so pleased you run this challenge as I wanted a little push to reread at least a few books, I am going for 4 this time.

Marj said...

This is great! Over the last few months I've acquired several books from some of my favorite authors, and now when I start at the beginning of the series to read them in order, I can count the books I've already read in this challenge, and the new to me books in other challenges! Yay!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I am new to your blog but this challenge caught my eye immediately as I want it read my bookshelves in 2014 - both unread and read. I'll link up my list in the next week.

Alysha DeShaé said...

Signing up for the "living in the past" level. I'll be adding a link via the link tool above soon.

rabbitholereads said...

Added my link again, since I had more time to go back and do it properly this time :) Looking forward to the coming challenge! ~Wendil

Emsa said...

Thanks for setting this up! Looking forward to reading a few favorites.

Thanks