Here I go down that slippery slope of reading challenges. Finalized the rules on my own Vintage Mystery Challenge and signed up for that and now it's time to start signing up right and left for all those wonderful challenges coming our way in 2014. Next up: the 2014 What an Animal Reading Challenge VII sponsored by Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews. Read on for more details...and hop on the link to see the full run-down of rules.
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
Level 1 - Read up to 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like).
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky at Yvonne's site.
I'm going to start small--with Level 1 and move on from there. I'm pretty sure I'll level up at least once, but we'll have to see what my TBR stacks have hidden in them.
7. The Footprints on the Ceiling by Clayton Rawson (9/25/14) [Bunny on the cover]
8. The Curious Affair of the Third Dog by Patricia Moyes (11/24/14)