So Peggy from Peggy Ann's Post has decided to try her hand at sponsoring a reading challenge and is offering up the Read Scotland 2014 Challenge over on her blog and on Goodreads. And I saw it. And didn't even think twice--and signed right up. If you'd like to join me, click on the challenge link (or Goodreads) and dive in!
There are four challenge levels. Since I have no idea how many Scotland-related books I might have lurking on the TBR pile, I've decided to start small and join at the lowest level:
Just A Keek (a little look): 1-4 books read
I'll list the books read below:
1. The Poison Belt by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1/2/14)
2. Dandy Gilver & the Proper Treatment of Bloodstains by Catriona McPherson (2/12/14)
3. The Day They Kidnapped Queen Victoria by H. K. Fleming [Hijacking of Queen Victoria's private train in Scotland] (7/2/14)
4. Two for Sorrow by Nicola Upson (9/27/14)
Challenge Goal Complete!
5. Lament for a Maker by Michael Innes [Scottish author; set in Scotland] (10/8/14)
6. From London Far by Michael Innes
7. The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson