Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Snapshot: Father's Day Edition

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online. (Click pictures for close-up).


In honor of Father's Day....a selection of pictures featuring my Dad.  I'm very blessed to still have Dad in my life.  In June of 1999, my dad had an on-the-job accident that resulted in severe head trauma.  He was a cable splicer for the local telephone company and fell from the ladder while working on cable lines.  We were given little hope for his survival, let alone recovery of any sort.  Thankfully, he came through much better than predicted.  Yes, there are challenges--some memory loss and aphasia (difficulty verbalizing exactly what he wants to say--particularly when upset or over-stimulated) among them--but I am very thankful that he's still here. 

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there in the blogosphere!


 My Dad & me

My dad, his dad (last April before he passed away in Nov) and his brother & sister

My dad and my husband's step-dad

My mom & dad with their favorite Eagle Scout

 Mom & Dad in the Smokey Mountains

26 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Nice family photos; hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

These are really nice...I'm planning on doing this for my dad tomorrow :) He's one of my most faithful followers...in life as well as on the blog :)

bermudaonion said...

What wonderful photos! You are truly blessed.

Nise' said...

They all look happy! You are blessed.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Happy Father's Day♫♪

neer said...

What lovely photographs. Happy Father's Day.

Melissa O. said...

Great family photos -- nice memories to have :-)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Yes, you are lucky your dad is still here :-). And he is lucky he survived that bad fall.
Have a great father's day with him!

Pooch said...

Those are family treasures that become even more precious with time.

:)

Irene said...

You're very lucky. Happy Father's Day to your dad, enjoy him.

Louise said...

It's not Fathers Day in Australia until September so I had forgotten that is was coming up in America. So lovely to see so many cheery smiles.

gautami tripathy said...

Liked all the photos! Especially the one of your dad with HIS dad!


Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Shirley said...

What a wonderful way to pay tribute to your father!

Harvee said...

A lovely way to recognize your dad and to remember his dad!

Christine Harding said...

You are lucky to still have your dad around. I love the picture of him with your mum in the Smokey Mountains.

Man of la Book said...

Great pictures, your family looks wonderful.

Happy Father's Day to your dad and all father's out there.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Eugenia O'Neal said...

Those are lovely photos! I enjoyed seeing the different generations of your family. Happy Father's Day to all the dads in your life.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What great photos that commemorate dads...great timing!

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Alyce said...

Wow! How wonderful and amazing that he was able to recover from that!

Cathy said...

How nice to be able to meet you and your family!

Cheryl @ Tales of the Marvelous said...

What great photos! I especially liked the one with your grandfather--longevity must run in your family!

Paulita said...

Cherishing the dad. That's what it's all about. Glad you still have yours around.

Staci said...

Love your family pics!!! Makes me miss my Grandpa big time!!

wcs53 said...

Great family pictures. My dad is on the other side of the Atlantic from me, but I didn't forget about him today. Thanks for visiting my snapshot as well.

abrianna said...

You are fortunate to still have both your parents. Lovely photos.

Thank you for the comments on my water lilies.

Laura BurgandyIce said...

How perfect for Father's Day!!