Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: September 17


Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online. (Click picture for close-up.)


Two Classics: My husband with his '66 mustang and a replica of the car from "The Andy Griffith Show." In Danville, IN there is a restaurant called the Mayberry Cafe (left side of the picture)--all decked out in Andy Griffith memorabilia. My husband loves it. He particularly wanted to visit this fall and try to get a picture of the two cars together. Success!


19 comments:

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

That's a great shot! Looks like you jumped back in time. Now all you need is Sheriff Andy to be out there writing a ticket!

gautami tripathy said...

I like the colours in it...So bright and beckoning..

Here is my Saturday Snapshot post!

Bev Hankins said...

@Leslie. Hee. When I posted this picture to Facebook, I actually said something to effect that my husband better watch out, Barney's probably on his way to give him a citation!

Stephen said...

*Very* cool.

Alyce said...

At first when I saw your bit about two classics I thought you were going to make some crack about your husband. :) I'm glad you pointed out the Mayberry Cafe - I wasn't that observant at first and missed it. That would be a fun place to visit for fans of the show.

Bev Hankins said...

@Alyce: Actually, my husband is the same age as the Mustang. :-)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I do love this kind of memorabilia...it reminds me of my visit to Winslow, AZ a few years ago, where everything is dedicated to that song by the Eagles (Standin' on the Corner in Winslow, AZ).

Lovely shot!

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Vicki said...

We LOVE old cars in my family and love going to old car shows. I'd love to have an old Mustang like that!

We stopped once in Mount Airy, NC where Andy was raised and they have a section of town built like Mayberry!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh now that is just fun stuff!

Lisa said...

Great picture! The cars go very well together.

My Saturday Snapshots

Trish said...

hehe how fun!

Anonymous said...

That's great that your hubby's wish came true :)

Nise' said...

Awesome car. My friend had a car like that when we were teenagers (what were her parents thinking?) and we did not appreciate it them.

Jill Buck said...

How awesome that the photo oppertunity worked out!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That is so great that you got a chance to capture this - awesome.

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

Love the car!

Yvette said...

Great pix. '66 was a good year for Mustangs. :)

Bev Hankins said...

@Yvette: And husbands. :-)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

That made me smile :)