SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Theme Thursday: Sound/Music

Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

This week's theme is Feeling (Happiness, Sadness, Surprise, etc).

Here's mine from March Violets by Philip Kerr (p.
64):

"Do you like jazz?" she said, changing the subject. "Oh, it's all right, it's not negro jazz. I love it, don't you?" Only non-negro jazz is permitted in Germany now, but I often wonder how they can tell the difference.

"I like any kind of jazz," I said. She wound up the gramophone and put the needle into the groove. It was a nice relaxed sort of piece with a strong clarinet and a saxophonist who could have led a company of Italians across no man's land in a ba
rrage.



7 comments:

kavyen said...

Lol, I like the way the sentence ends.. :) "who could have led a company of Italians across no man's land in a barrage." Nice choice this week again Bev.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love jazz, great pick this week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm a jazz lover, too. Thanks for sharing this excerpt...and for visiting my blog.

Cat said...

Perfect choice - something very special about great jazz.

Frances said...

Oh I love your choice - it was perfect!
Still windy out here so I was afraid I wouldn't get in this week. I am trying to post as much as I can in case the power goes down again. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your comment I needed it.
http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

Yvonne said...

Good choice! Interesting cover.

Tasha said...

Who doesn't love jazz? Great choice for your sound theme. Hope you enjoy your book:)