Here's my blurb journey:
1. The Last Matryoshka by Joyce Yarrow (7/2/11) [starter book which leads to...]
2. Hot & Bothered by Jane Isenberg (7/9/11) [and that takes me to...]
3. The Case of the Deceiving Don by Carl Brookins (7/13/11) [Onward I go...]
4. The Mystery of the Third Lucretia by Susan Runholt (7/16/11) [which will take me to....]**
5. Bone Harvest by Mary Logue (7/17/11) [blurbed by Nancy Pickard]
6. No Body by Nancy Pickard (7/24/11) [and that leads me to....]
7. Random Walk by Lawrence Block (7/26/11) [blurbed by Harlan Ellison...]
8. Shatterday by Harlan Ellison (8/23/11) [blurbed by Ursula K LeGuin, Ray Bradbury, Dan Simmons, Roger Coman, Michael Moorcock, Steve Allen, William Kotzwinkle]
9. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K LeGuin (9/18/11) [blurbed by Michael Chabon]
10. The Final Solution: A Story of Detection by Michael Chabon (9/18/11)
**Could also have led to The Prop by Pete Hautman (which I read anyway because it looked interesting).
And....I started with a mystery and ended with a mystery. Took a little mystical, new-agey detour with Random Walk that led me into science fiction, but then right back to mysteries. Sort of like my real life reading journey--started out a mystery girl (way back when my mom handed over her Nancy Drew set), wandered into science fiction through high school and college, and now I'm back on my mystery-lover's kick. Not that I don't read other things--but that's my primary love.