SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Got Books?

btt button

Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?

And, do you ever try to hide the covers?



I always have a book with me. Always. One of my cardinal rules when purse-buying is that it must be big enough to hold a book--at least a small-sized hardback, not necessarily War & Peace. You never know when you might get stuck in traffic. Or held up at the doctor's office because she's running behind. I'd much rather read what I want to read than to be stuck with whatever magazine selection they have on offer.

No, I never try to hide my covers. If I'm reading it, then I'm ready to own up to it. If I'm ashamed of the cover (for whatever reason), then maybe I shouldn't be reading it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great rule to have when buying a purse :)

Anonymous said...

I usually carry a small backpack, but there's always something to read in it.
A friend of mine never buys a new jacket without the pockets being big enough for a paperback. Bookaholics rule!

Anonymous said...

I too always have a book with me. Having a smart phone makes it so much easier! Who would have thought I would love reading on a phone but I do. As for covers, hmmmmmm, I like your statement about owning up to it. I honestly never thought about hiding any.

Trish said...

that's my rule too for purse buying! it must fit a book!
Trish - my BTT post

Mary Grace said...

I agree on you on purse buying. I never buy a purse that would never fit a book! It must! hahhaha. Thanks for dropping by.

Yvonne said...

I bring my Nook or a book wherever I go. I figure you never know when you'll have some waiting time on your hands :)