Another challenge bites the dust. With my latest read, The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Scroll of the Dead, I have completed my original commitment to the Baker Street Challenge which is sponsored by Ruth at Bookish Ruth. The challenge allowed us to read the original Holmes stories, other writing by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and/or Holmesian pastiches.
There were four reading tiers available
Three Pipe Problem: 3 books
The Sign of Four: 4 books
Five Orange Pips: 5 books
Seven Percent Solution: 7 books
and I decided to go for the Five Orange Pips. Since I have already read the entire canon, I focused on Doyle's other works and the pastiches.
1. The Giant Rat of Sumatra by Richard L Boyer (pastiche) [5/7/11]
2. The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Holmes by Loren D Estleman (pastiche) [8/2/11]
3. The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (non-Holmes) [3/29/11]
4. The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Scroll of the Dead by David Stuart Davies (pastiche) [9/7/11]
5. Sir Nigel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (a non-Holmes book by Doyle) [8/21/11]
I hope to see this challenge go up again next year....I still have several Holmes pastiches that I could sign up for another round.