ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS

Second Round of Super Book Password News: Debbie has correctly guessed my Historic Event! But Ryan's Password is still up for grabs. Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Sunday, October 24, 2010

Top Five Sundays: Books You're Not Reading But Should Be



Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme she chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week’s theme is Top Five Books You're Not Reading But Should Be.

At first I was a bit confused by this...I thought it was supposed to be books on MY TBR list that were guilting me...that I should be reading. But, then I realized, that we're supposed to list books that we love that we think everybody should be reading. (And why aren't you??? That's what I'd like to know.) Here's my list:

#5
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. A classic that everyone should read. I'm a bit ashamed that I only got around to it this Fall. Never had to read it in school.

#4 I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. Heartbreaking. But an absolutely authentic story of growing up black in the 30s and 40s.

#3 The Deanna Raybourn Lady Jane Grey series. Start with Silent in the Grave and work your way through.
#2 The Gail Carriger series. Start with Soulless. Never thought I'd be into werewolves and vampires and steampunk until I stumbled onto this series.

#1 Dorothy L Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. Strong Poison if you read none of the others. But to start Whose Body? and go from there.

1 comment:

Larissa {Larissa's Bookish Life} said...

cool list!! I've only read #2 on it and I lOVED it!!

the other are not really my style, but they look great! =D

hehe u werent the only one confused! sorry about it =P