Sunday, October 24, 2010

Top Five Sundays: Books You're Not Reading But Should Be



Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme she chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week’s theme is Top Five Books You're Not Reading But Should Be.

At first I was a bit confused by this...I thought it was supposed to be books on MY TBR list that were guilting me...that I should be reading. But, then I realized, that we're supposed to list books that we love that we think everybody should be reading. (And why aren't you??? That's what I'd like to know.) Here's my list:

#5
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. A classic that everyone should read. I'm a bit ashamed that I only got around to it this Fall. Never had to read it in school.

#4 I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. Heartbreaking. But an absolutely authentic story of growing up black in the 30s and 40s.

#3 The Deanna Raybourn Lady Jane Grey series. Start with Silent in the Grave and work your way through.
#2 The Gail Carriger series. Start with Soulless. Never thought I'd be into werewolves and vampires and steampunk until I stumbled onto this series.

#1 Dorothy L Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries. Strong Poison if you read none of the others. But to start Whose Body? and go from there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cool list!! I've only read #2 on it and I lOVED it!!

the other are not really my style, but they look great! =D

hehe u werent the only one confused! sorry about it =P