ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS

2015 Editions of the Color Coded , Mount TBR and Vintage Mystery Bingo Challenges--as well as Read It Again, Sam (due to popular demand)-- have been posted. I am also introducing my newest brain-child: Super Book Password. Please check it out!

As in the past, I will post sidebar links for sign-up posts as well as review headquarters once the new year begins.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's (Almost) Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


I'm jumping in a little early...I anticipate a busy day tomorrow. Here are mine:

Books Read Last Week (click titles for reviews):
Lay On, Mac Duff! by Charlotte Armstrong
The Conference of the Birds by Jean-Claude Carriere & Peter Brook (based on the poem by Farid Uddi Attar)
The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The War of the Worlds by Manly W. Wellman and Wade Wellman
The Woman in the Woods by (Charity) Lee Blackstock
Hanged for a Sheep by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Killing the Goose by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Started The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins, by just wasn't feeling it. So I finished up the week with Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn. Will have to go back to Collins another day...

Reading Now:
Gilgamesh translated by Herbert Mason

Books that spark my interest (most are carry-overs from last time):
Would like to give The Woman in White another try. We'll see.
Police at the Funeral by Margery Allingham
Death of a Tall Man by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh
Black Orchids by Rex Stout
Nero Wolfe of West Thirty-Fifth Street by William S. Baring-Gould

5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Super titles.... especially Hanged for a sheep and Killing A Goose. The titles made me laugh :)

Bev Hankins said...

the Lockridge books are fun that way...fun titles & fun to read

dollycas aka Lori said...

Lots of great titles, Death of a Tall Man has sparked my interest.

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

CMash said...

You amaze me. Not only do you read so many books in a week, but also not easy reads. When I take that big step out of my comfort zone, I'll be asking for your suggestion as to which one I should try.
CMash

pussreboots said...

I have Gilgamesh on my TBR pile. Not listed in my post are the ton and a half of peer reviewed journal articles I read. Here's what I'm reading this week.